Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Simple Syrup

Saturday May 17th and the temperature was up up up there in the nineties so I made myself a bottle of simple syrup to sweeten my summer iced tea.

2 cups sugar
1 cup water

Bring to a boil, then simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until thick like honey.

Keep in the frig to sweeten iced teas and Margaritas too.

After my recent trip to Northern California I tried to recreate the Margarita I enjoyed at the Bluegrass Bar and Grill and found out it is the simple syrup that most likely brought the other ingredients together so nicely...the tequila, lime, and in this case, the Grand Marnier.
For good eats ideas checkout the Bluegrass menu, it is unusual and creative and they execute it well.

Executed food...doesn't sound real tasty now does it. Hey have you heard of SCALLOPS? Now this could prove tasty ... and fun ... it stands for “Sustainable Communities ALL Over Puget Sound”.

I'm going to get involved to bring chickens to my hood, a community chicken coop, so I'm not responsible for all the shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home